An Annual Appeal is conducted once a year on the first Monday of December. A letter is mailed to past donors and concerned citizens in the Greater Tucson Area who have expressed interest in helping us attain our mission.
The CASA Support Council for Pima County, Inc. is designated as a self-certified charitable organization. This means that, through Arizona charitable tax credit law ARS 43-1088, any individual making a contribution of $200, or couple making a contribution of $400, above their established baseline will be able to claim a dollar-for-dollar tax credit on the Arizona State tax return (See information below)
Arizona Tax Credit
A CONTRIBUTION TO CASA NEED NOT COME OUT OF YOUR POCKET!
Your contribution and the Arizona tax credit
Donate $400 to the Casa Support Council for Pima County (CSCPC) and reduce your Arizona tax liability by $400. That is correct! It costs you nothing to contribute as this is a dollar for dollar credit not a deduction.
If you think this is too good to be true, consider that Arizona allows its residents to decide how to spend some of their tax dollars. If you want severely abused and neglected children in Pima County to benefit from your assistance, then please donate to CASA.
To qualify, you need to meet three conditions. You must:
- Pay Arizona taxes in 2010
- Itemize your deductions in 2010
- Have previously itemized charitable deductions at least once since 1996. If you contribute an amount this year that exceeds your baseline deduction* figure by up to $200 (single taxpayer) or $400 (couple filing jointly), you qualify. See below for rules about establishing this Baseline.
How to get the Credit:
- Contribute to CSCPC using cash, check or credit card by December 31.
- Acquire Arizona Form 321 titled “Credit for Contributions to Charities that Provide Assistance to the Working Poor.” Your tax form booklet will have it, you can download it form www.azdor.gov or call 800-352-4090.
- Fill out and file this form along with your 2010 Arizona tax return. It requires three simple pieces of information: the name of the charity, the amount of your contribution and your base year contributions.
This credit is available only to individuals, not corporations or partnerships.
If the State withheld more than you owe, your refund will be higher. If they withheld less than you owe, you will pay less.
Calculating your Baseline:
- Determine the first year that you itemized deductions on an Arizona tax return since 1996.
- How much was your deduction for charitable contributions that year? This is your base amount. Enter it on line 5 of form 321. Any amount above this is your credit.
This is your wonderful deed: You have redirected a portion of your Arizona taxes to help the most abused children in our community. Many thanks from our CASA children and us.
The Casa Support Council for Pima County, a 501(c) (3) charity, is certified under the Arizona Department of Revenue. Visit its web site,www.azdor.gov (click charitable tax credits) to read a full explanation of the tax credit and certification. Upon request, CSCPC will send you a copy of its certification letter.