The purpose of one-on-one tutoring is to improve the CASA child’s academic performance and progress toward meeting educational goals, as delineated in the “Student Learning Plan”.
- One-on-One tutoring is provided in all subject areas for grades K-12, as well as preparation for AIMS, GED, ACT, and SAT testing.
- In all cases, tutoring will be provided through contracted vendors, by tutors who meet the certification and background check requirements for the State of Arizona.
- Tutoring is provided throughout Pima County, during the academic school year as well as during the summer.
- Tutoring for former CASA children who have aged out of the system, or who have achieved permanency, may be continued for the equivalent of one school year after the age of 18 and/or when permanency is achieved.
Requesting a Tutor
- Requests for a tutor are initiated by the CASA.
- Complete the “Request for a Tutor” form (click here) and submit it. If you do not have computer access, please obtain a form from your CASA Coordinator.
- The submitted form will be reviewed by the Education Committee; you will be contacted within 2 business days to confirm receipt of form, and to answer any questions or provide additional information
- Generally tutors are provided within 1 week of submission of the form; however, for some subjects, or to provide for specific learning needs of the CASA child, it may take longer.
- There is no limit to the number of hours a CASA child may be tutored.
- Tutoring may not take place in the foster or group home. Most tutoring takes place at locations at the school, in public libraries, or in day care locations before or after school.
- Tutors may not transport a CASA child
- Tutors are bound by confidentiality
- CASAs may observe tutoring sessions